Wednesday, March 7, 2012

getting ready

Hello everyone! So I'm going to give blogging a try as a way to keep family and friends informed while I am serving in the Peace Corps.

Here is my timeline for the next week: On Monday March 12th I am heading to Boston and spending the night there, and I am catching a flight to DC the next morning. We have to be at a hotel in Georgetown for an orientation/ registration session by 12:30 on Tuesday, March 13th. I will spend the night in DC with my fellow trainees and the following evening we will fly to Tirana, the capital of Albania, by way of Vienna.

What all of this means is that I really should be all packed by Sunday. For anyone who knows me well, you will know that organization is not one of my strongest assets. I quit work about a week and a half ago so that I could "really concentrate on getting ready to leave." Last week that translated into re-watching episodes of arrested development, downloading music, and hanging out with my cats while thinking about all of the things I had to do.This week has been better in terms of productivity, mostly because my little sister is on spring break so she is forcing me to be proactive (thank you anna!). I am essentially taking it for granted that I will forget something important, because that is the way I function, so I just trying to minimize the impact.

I was able to say goodbye to a lot of my friends over the past two weekends, which was really fun, albeit bittersweet, and is definitely making this whole thing more real. I am finally getting a bit nervous, but mostly feeling excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment