Friday, March 16, 2012

arrival

I am safe and sound in Elbasan, Albania! We got into Tirana yesterday, March 15, around 2:30 PM. We were all fairly exhausted from our flight/ 4 hr layover in Vienna, but we still had a two hour bus ride from Tirana to Elbasan, where we are staying in a hotel until Sunday. I struggled to stay awake during the bus ride, but it was kind of a losing battle.

The peace corps training staff has been very helpful and well organized so far, and I am ready for our first full day of actual pre-service training. There are 43 other trainees in my training group who all seem very smart, motivated, and interesting. Anyways, I just wanted to put up a quick post to let everyone know I am here in Albania and everything is going well, I will take the time to write a longer post later on this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment